You can’t say the words New Orleans without things like beignets, po-boys, hurricanes and the French Quarter coming to mind. If you are going visit Nawlins this year or in the near future, be sure to check out our top 16 things to do in a city known for its history, culture, and food.
Top 16 Things to do in New Orleans
2. Take a tour. Unique topics such as the Cocktail Scandal Tour and the Creole Mourning Tour are offered at www.TourNewOrleans.com
3. Try your luck at gambling. Harrah’s (228 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130)
5. Get your portrait painted in Jackson Square
8. Get your physic reading on at Maries Laveau’s House of Voodoo
9. Revisit your history on a plantation tour with The Old River Road Plantation Adventure.
11. Visit the home of Mardi Gras at Mardi Gras World.
12. Go wine tasting at Second Vine Wine (a black-owned wine shop) or in the vineyard at Pontchartrain Vineyards.
13. Take a cable car ride through the city and visit the Garden District.
14. Visit Treme – the cultural heart of New Orleans, Louis Armstrong Park and Congo Square.
15. Rum? Yes please! Tour and tastings at Old New Orleans Rum.
16. Take in the history of food and beverage with a visit at the Southern Food and Beverage Museum.
Did we miss something? Be sure to share so we can add it to the list. Safe travels!