House of Mandela Thembu Collection 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
¼ teaspoon fresh basil
¼ teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
¼ teaspoon allspice
dash of nutmeg
1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon olive, oil divided
2 pounds beef tenderloin
1/4 cup brandy or red wine
1/4 cup shallots, minced
1 cup low sodium beef broth
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Truss beef (tie with string).
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Add roast and brown on all sides remove and cool slightly.
4. Rub seasoning mixture evenly on beef and place in a Ziploc to marinate for 3-
5. Place roast on a roasting rack or lined sheet pan and roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from oven and let roast rest for at least 8-10 minutes before slicing.
6. Add shallots and sauté until soft. Pour brandy or wine into pan and scrape loose browned bits. Simmer until reduced to ¾ cup.
7. Slice beef and serve with reduction.