This recipe is courtesy of Chef Kenneth Temple, New Orleans native, winner of Food Network’s “Chopped” and cookbook author for JENNIE-O.
1 16-ounce package JENNIE-O Extra Lean Turkey Breast
1//4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons half and half cream
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ teaspoons pepper
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
12 slices JENNIE-O bacon
½ cup mayonnaise
2 jalapeno peppers, charred, peeled and diced
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1 8-ounce package WHOLLY® Guacamole Classic Dip
- Prepare grill for high direct heat cooking. In a bowl, combine ground turkey breadcrumbs, cream, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties. Grill burgers 1 minute on each side; remove from grill.
- Lay 1 bacon strip horizontally and 1 bacon strip vertically over top of each burger; weave remaining bacon slice between other bacon slices to form a lattice on burger top; wrap bacon ends under the burger.
- Grill 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and jalapeno pepper. Spread mayonnaise mixture on cut sides of buns. Place burger on bun bottom, add a dollop of guacamole and cover with bun top.