Recipe is courtesy of Chef Lisa Brooks.
1 cup self-rising flour
½ cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups macerated blackberries with the juices
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place butter in the bottom of an 9 inch baking dish. Put dish in the oven just long
enough to melt the butter. Do not let it brown or burn! Remove from the oven and set
- Begin heating the macerated blackberries and the juice together in a large saucepan.
- Sift the self-rising flour and sugar into a mixing bowl. Add milk and vanilla. Then mix well with a whisk to make a batter.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- Spoon the warm fruit and juice over the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 375ºF for 30 to 40 minutes. The batter will creep through the fruit and make a
crust on top.
NOTES & TIPS:
- You can substitute the blackberries for any desired berries or fruits with their juices.
- For 8 individual cobblers in ramekins: Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in each ramekin. Then evenly divide prepared batter into each ramekin and top each with fruit and juice.