Servings: 8 Prep time: 40 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes
VIDEO: Watch how to make this recipe.
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Louisiana Pepper Sauce
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s More Spice Creole Seasoning
2/3 cup crackers, crushed
1 pound lump crab meat
2 tablespoons butter, melted
8 sweet Hawaiian style slider buns or dinner rolls
2 lemons, sliced into wedges
parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, Tony Chachere’s Louisiana Pepper Sauce and Tony Chachere’s More Spice Creole Seasoning together until well blended.
- Add cracker crumbs and crab meat to the mixture, then gently fold all the ingredients together, with a rubber spatula. Try not to break the lumps of crab meat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping portion of the mixture, the size of a golf ball. Using your hands, gently form the mixture into a ball and place on pan. Drizzle melted butter over the top of each crab cake.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Slice rolls in half, place hot crab cakes inside, then add tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato and pickle and garnish with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.
This recipe was sponsored by Tony Chachere's. For products and recipe ideas, visit www.tonychachere.com.
This recipe was created by Chef Nikki Shaw.
MORE RECIPES BY CHEF NIKKI SHAW
Dirty Birdy Creole Casserole
Pan-Fried Fish Fingers and Tangy Tartar Sauce
Cajun Deviled Eggs with Crispy Bacon
Creole Salmon & Pineapple Skewers