Servings: 2 | Prep time: 40 minutes | Cook time: 10-12 minutes
4 10-inch wooden skewers
2 pounds skinless salmon fillets, thick portions
1 cup Tony Chachere’s Creole Style Seafood Marinade
1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch squares
1 fresh lemon
1/2 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Bold Creole Seasoning
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut thick portions of salmon fillets into 2-inch squares. Place salmon in a glass baking dish, pour Tony Chachere’s Creole Style Seafood Marinade over salmon, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using two skewers side-by-side, an inch apart, thread: salmon, red bell pepper, pineapple, red bell pepper then repeat. Continue alternating ingredients to fill skewers. Preheat oven to broil for 2 minutes. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray and place skewers, evenly apart. Squeeze lemon juice over salmon skewers then season with Tony Chachere’s Bold Creole Seasoning.
- Place baking sheet 12-inches under broiler. Broil skewers for 10-12 minutes until done.
TIPS & NOTES
- Soak the skewers in water, before you begin to prepare the recipe, this will prevent them from burning.
- Using two skewers to thread each serving, prevents flipping and allows you to turn the skewers easily.
- Try adding other vegetables to the skewers such as onions, zucchini and mushrooms.
- This recipe also is great grilled or baked at 400°F for 10 – 12 minutes until done.
- Serve these salmon skewers over a bed of Tony Chachere’s Butter & Herb Rice with vegetables for a complete dinner.
This recipe was sponsored by Tony Chachere's. For products and recipe ideas, visit www.tonychachere.com.
This recipe was created by Chef Nikki Shaw.