Recipe is courtesy of Jake and Jazz Smollett of CLEO TV as featured on, “LIVING BY DESIGN WITH JAKE AND JAZZ.”
2 sticks salted butter at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups raisins, pureed Honey Vanilla Ice Cream (from The Family Table)
shredded Coconut (for serving)
mini M&Ms (for serving)
mini chocolate chips (for serving)
chopped nuts (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pulse the raisins in a food processor until they break down and make a paste-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and eggs until smooth (the butter should be softened and the sugar room temp).
- Mix in the vanilla and the raisins. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the dry mixture into the batter then add the oats. Scoop ¼ cup of the cookie dough into your hand, roll it in a ball and place it on the baking sheet, flattening it into a disc shape. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until firm. This will hold the shape of the cookie when baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until they are light brown and the center is still soft. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- To make the sandwiches scoop a thick layer of ice cream on the bottom of one cookie (it should be about an inch and a half thick). Place a second cookie on top and press down slightly. Roll the side of the sandwich in a topping of your choosing.