Recipe is courtesy of Jazz Smollett of CLEO TV as featured on her new show, “LIVING BY DESIGN WITH JAKE AND JAZZ.”
32 ounces full-fat Greek Yogurt
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon oil
¼ cup heavy cream
fresh diced mango, for topping
fresh raspberries, for topping
fresh blueberries, for topping
ice cream maker
- Freeze the base of the ice cream maker overnight.
- Pour any excess liquid out of yogurt. Whisk the yogurt and sugar together in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved and the yogurt thins out a little.
- Add the lemon oil and salt. Mix until combined and smooth. Place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes until it gets cold.
- Begin to churn the frozen yogurt in the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once the frozen yogurt begins to thicken and create large waves when churning, turn off the machine and transfer to the freezer to freeze completely.
- Serve right away with fruit or keep in an airtight container in the freezer. You may need to let it sit out before serving, to soften it if it’s in the freezer for too long.