Servings: 4 Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 4 minutes
1 pound fish fillets (cod, bass or sole), rinsed and patted dry
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Louisiana Pepper Sauce
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
1 cup Tony Chachere’s Crispy Creole Fish Fry Mix
1 cup safflower oil
1 fresh lemon
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped or grated
3 tablespoons dill pickles, finely chopped or sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cut fish fillets into strips (about 1 inch wide, 3 inches long).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, Tony Chachere’s Louisiana Pepper Sauce and Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. Pour Tony Chachere’s Crispy Creole Fish Fry Mix into plastic bag.
- Add fish to egg wash bowl and evenly coat all pieces. Shake off excess and add fish to bag with fish fry mix one piece at a time. Shake each piece to evenly coat then lay fish on a plate. Place plate in refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow coating to set.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high to reach 350 ºF. Lay the fish fingers in the skillet and pan fry until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove fish from pan and lay on paper towels or rack to drain. Cut lemon into 4 wedges.
- Add all Tartar Sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Transfer sauce to a small dish and serve with hot fish fingers and lemon wedges.
TIPS & NOTES
- Try this same delicious recipe with large prawns.
This recipe was sponsored by Tony Chachere's. For products and recipe ideas, visit www.tonychachere.com.
This recipe was created by Chef Nikki Shaw.