Servings: 4 Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 4 minutes
VIDEO: Watch how to make this recipe.
1 pound fish fillets (cod, bass or sole), rinsed and patted dry
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Louisiana Pepper Sauce
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
1 cup Tony Chachere’s Crispy Creole Fish Fry Mix
1 cup safflower oil
1 fresh lemon
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped or grated
3 tablespoons dill pickles, finely chopped or sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cut fish fillets into strips (about 1 inch wide, 3 inches long).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, Tony Chachere’s Louisiana Pepper Sauce and Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. Pour Tony Chachere’s Crispy Creole Fish Fry Mix into plastic bag.
- Add fish to egg wash bowl and evenly coat all pieces. Shake off excess and add fish to bag with fish fry mix one piece at a time. Shake each piece to evenly coat then lay fish on a plate. Place plate in refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow coating to set.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high to reach 350 ºF. Lay the fish fingers in the skillet and pan fry until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove fish from pan and lay on paper towels or rack to drain. Cut lemon into 4 wedges.
- Add all Tartar Sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Transfer sauce to a small dish and serve with hot fish fingers and lemon wedges.
TIPS & NOTES
- Try this same delicious recipe with large prawns.
This recipe was sponsored by Tony Chachere's. For products and recipe ideas, visit www.tonychachere.com.
This recipe was created by Chef Nikki Shaw.
MORE RECIPES BY CHEF NIKKI SHAW
Cajun Crab Cake Sliders
Dirty Birdy Creole Casserole
Cajun Deviled Eggs with Crispy Bacon
Creole Salmon & Pineapple Skewers