2 cups lime juice
2 cups lemon juice
2 cups orange juice
½ cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
4 pounds flank or skirt steak
¼ cup black peppercorns or Sichuan peppercorns
1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 bunch of fresh oregano, chopped
3 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil for grilling
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine and whisk ingredients for the marinade.
- Place steak in a bag along with the marinade and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Take the steak out of the bag and shake off excess marinade. Place the steak in a container and let it come to room temperature.
- Put the peppercorns in a spice grinder or food processor until peppercorns are crushed but not finely ground.
- Coat the steak on both sides with the peppercorns.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet or indoor grill pan with olive oil and place on medium heat for 3–4 minutes.
- Sear steak for 2 minutes on each side or until brown. Place the steaks on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 5–6 minutes for medium-rare to medium or 8-10 minutes for medium well to well done.
- Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving with chimichurri sauce.
Whisk and combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour over steak or serve separately on the side.