¾ cup Ancient Harvest ™ Traditional Quinoa, dry, uncooked
½ cup Ancient Harvest ™ Quinoa Flakes, dry, uncooked
1 tablespoon Amaranth, dry, uncooked
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown coconut sugar or regular brown sugar)
1 ½ tablespoons white coconut sugar or white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or Mexican or Madagascar vanilla
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon pumpkin flavor extract
1/3 cup organic grade A maple syrup
¼ cup pecan pieces, optional
¼ cup pepitas or pumpkin seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet (13” x 9”) with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well. Mixture should appear slightly wet and clump together at the bottom of the bowl.
- Spread the mixture on cookie sheet, flattening with a spatula until mixture is about ¼ inch thick.
- Optional: top with pecan pieces and pepitas.
- Bake the quinoa brittle on the bottom rack of the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until fragrant. Then, transfer the cookie sheet to the top oven rack for another 6-10 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Edges of quinoa brittle should be crispy and possibly a little burned. The mixture will also spread out while cooking. This is normal.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes or until brittle has firmed up and dried. Break apart or cut into squares. Serve or save in a Tupperware or tin.
Tips & Notes: This lasts about 5 days at room temperature.
Recipes courtesy of Ancient Harvest, makers of plant-based ingredients such as quinoa, lentils and beans to make the foods you love.