1 1/2 cups Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa
1 can tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 red pepper
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 can artichoke hearts, cut in halves
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 small onion
3 cloves minced garlic
3 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon saffron
1/2 tablespoon turmeric, optional
salt to taste
lemon, parsley, and olives to top
- Heat your shallow paella pan or skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- Add the chopped carrot and chopped pepper, along with one cup of vegetable broth.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
- Add the peas, tomatoes, tomato paste, and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix the saffron with 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable broth.
- Add the quinoa to the pan, along with the saffron, paprika, turmeric, and salt.
- Give the paella one last stir to make sure the ingredients are evenly distributed. After this, do not stir again.
- Cover the paella and cook it on high heat for 7 minutes. Then lower the heat to low-medium and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, remove your paella from the heat. Top with fresh parsley, olives and lemon wedges.
Recipes courtesy of Ancient Harvest, makers of plant-based ingredients such as quinoa, lentils and beans to make the foods you love.