I prepared the Rolls Royce PB-Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Snoop Dogg’s “From Crook to Cook” as mentioned below. I must note that natural, creamy peanut butter worked fine. The dough is supposed to make three dozen. I made two because I like fat cookies. Don’t judge me.
I know it is not recommended to eat raw dough, but I did. It tasted like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I could not wait for the finished product. I baked the first batch for ten minutes and the second for thirteen. The latter came out golden which I preferred. I loved the crispy edges and the soft texture of the cookies. The hint of peanut butter gave them pizazz. I highly recommend this recipe for the entire family. They will thank you.
Makes 3 dozen
1 and 1/2 cups [210 g] all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 tablespoons [2 sticks, or 220 g] unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup [130 g] creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup [100 g] packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup [100 g] granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups [360 g] semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat the oven to 375 ºF [190 ºC], with one rack in the upper third and one in the lower third of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using a handheld electric mixer on medium speed, or a wooden spoon, vigorously beat the mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture just until combined. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Using a tablespoon, drop rounded dough portions onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches [5 cm] apart.
- Place one sheet on the upper rack and one on the lower; bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden, switching the sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cooled cookies at room temperature in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to 3 days.
Recipe recreated by Rekaya Gibson from Snoop Dogg’s “From Crook to Cook: Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg’s Kitchen.” Check out her Book Grub review to learn more about the book.