Ride the wave of the ocean while we go on a seafood excursion. This is not your ordinary soup. This right here is some GANGSTA seafood bisque.
4 cups seafood stock
2-3 lobster tails
½ pound crawfish tails
½ pound shrimp
½ cup butter
½ cup shallots, chopped
2 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
½ cup flour
¼ cup roasted tomatoes (can use canned)
½ cup sherry
4 cups seafood broth
2 cups half and half
Cajun seasoning to taste
handful fresh chives, chopped
- Steam lobster. Allow to cool, crack & remove meat from shell. Cut into chunks and set aside.
- Sauté shrimp. Allow to cool, peel.
- Mince ½ of lobster, shrimp and crawfish tails in a food processor.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Stir in shallots cook until translucent about 3-4 minutes Add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in roasted tomatoes and cook until bottom begins to brown about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in sherry until smooth, scraping brown bits from the bottom of pot. Stir in broth and half and half. Bring to a mild boil until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Add minced lobster, shrimp, crawfish and cook about 3 minutes. Season with Cajun seasoning to taste.
- If you like a thinner soup add a little seafood broth at a time until you get the consistency the way you like it. Garnish with remaining lobster and fresh chives.
Recipe provided by Shelia Johnson, founder of Gangsta Goodies Kitchen which shares a “keeping it real,” approach to cooking to inspire inviting your family and friends into the kitchen with you. Check out the show on YouTube as well as follow her Facebook and Instagram.