Makes 8 -10 servings
1 pound flank steak
1 pound medium shrimp
1 orange, juiced
2 limes, juiced
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder salt, to taste
4-inch flour tortillas
1 head butter lettuce
pickled red onions
pickled ginger (natural color) sriracha
- Whisk together the orange juice, limes, paprika, cumin, and chili powder in a large bowl. Divide the mixture into two separate bowls and season the steak and shrimp with salt then toss separately in the marinade until coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Clean and oil the grill grates or griddle and preheat to high (Jake likes to use the end of onion dipped in oil to grease the grill).
- Remove the steak from the marinade letting the excess liquid drip off, and grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cook for 2- 4 minutes more per side for medium, or longer depending on the desired doneness. Remove and rest the steak for 5 minutes, then slice thin.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place on the griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes flipping over once until they begin to firm up. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and wipe the griddle or grill slightly to remove any of the cooked bits. Heat the tortillas until warm and little brown bubbles form. They should be fairly soft and not too crispy.
- Using either the warm tortilla or bibb lettuce start to build your tacos with either shrimp or steak. Add the toppings as desired and serve!