Make 4 – 6 servings
1 pound pasta, cooked
1 tablespoon salted butter
½ pound Andouille sausage, sliced in half on the bias
2 medium shallots, small diced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup vodka
2 cups white wine (riesling or chardonnay)
½ pound shrimp 31/40, peeled and deveined
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Cajun seasoning to taste
½ cup basil, chiffonade for garnish
½ cup Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and put back into the pot.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add butter and then the sausage and shallots. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vodka and flambé. Add the wine and chicken broth and cook over medium heat and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and mix well. Add the shrimp and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. The sauce should have the consistency of alfredo sauce.
- Add sauce to the pot with the pasta and mix well. Season to taste as needed.
- Divide the pasta among 4–6 bowls and garnish bowl with basil and cheese.
NOTES & TIPS
If your sauce is too thick, thin it out with a little chicken broth. If sauce is too runny, thicken it with a slurry mixture of wine and cornstarch with a 50/50 ratio until it is the consistency you want.
Recipe created by Chef Ace Champion (Cook Like A. Champion)