4 garlic cloves, chopped small
1 small onion, chopped small
2 Scotch bonnet or jalapeños peppers, deseed and chopped small
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
6 teaspoons Arawak Farm® Jerk Dry Rub & Spice Blend
1 ½ pound beef
½ cup red onion, chopped small
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Arawak Farm® Mango Peach Spicy Fruit Spread to taste
- Turn slow cooker on low cooking setting.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the beef and mix well.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker.
- Place beef on top and flip over a few times until fully covered.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, until beef is cooked through and tender.
- Remove from sauce, shred with two forks.
- Stir sauce in with shredded beef to taste.
- Serve up on corn tortillas with onions, cilantro and a dollop of Mango Peach Spicy Fruit Spread.
TIPS & NOTES
- For the beef, you can use a variety of cuts, inexpensive steaks or boneless roasts.
- If you love heat, leave the seeds in the Scotch bonnet or jalapeno peppers. More seeds equal more heat.
Recipe created by Arawak Farm®. The Vassell Foods’ Arawak Farm® brand is inspired by the founder’s Arawak Indian heritage. All products offer fresh all-natural ingredients while being vegan, gluten-free, low sodium and low sugar.