Flavor and comfort collide in this dish that makes turkey the star. This take on the Italian meat-based sauce is seasoned just right before being topped with fresh ricotta cheese.
Serving size: 3-4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20
3 ounces pancetta, diced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 carrot, chopped small
1 small celery stalk, chopped
½ onion, peeled and chopped small
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1 pound ground turkey
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
⅓ cup red wine
1-14 1/2-ounce can tomatoes, crushed
1 pound pasta, cooked
1/4 cup fresh ricotta
Tony Chachere’s Spice N Herbs to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until
golden and most of the fat has rendered, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add the oil to the skillet. Stir in the carrot, celery, onion, garlic and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft and a little golden in spots, about 7 minutes. Scrape the mixture onto a plate.
- Add the turkey to skillet and cook, breaking up meat with a fork until golden and cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Return pancetta and vegetables to the pan. Season with Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.
- Pour in the wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, until it is mostly evaporated.
- Add the crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve over pasta, topped with a dollop of ricotta and sprinkle ricotta with Tony Chachere’s Spice N Herbs Seasoning to taste.
This recipe was sponsored by Tony Chachere’s. For product and recipe ideas, visit www.tonychachere.com.
This recipe was created by Chef J. Jackson aka Mr. Foodtastic.