8 ounces (1 ½ cups) white chocolate chips
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
fresh raspberries for garnish
- Place the white chocolate into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to a small bowl and whisk until pale in color.
- In a saucepan over low heat, bring 1/4 cup of the cream to a simmer and take off heat.
- Slowly add the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture while whisking, taking care not to curdle the eggs.
- Pour the cream mixture back into pan and stir with a wooden spoon until it coats the back of it.
- Pour hot mixture into the bowl of white chocolate while slowly stirring. Stir until completely smooth.
- In another bowl, whip the remaining cup of cream to almost stiff peaks. Fold half the whipped cream into the white chocolate mix first until incorporated and then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon the mousse into serving cups and top with raspberries. Refrigerate until set, approximately 1 hour.
Recipe created by Cuisine Noir/Chef Tracey Augustine.