1 small head of cauliflower, trimmed
1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
½ cup filtered water
½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1- 14 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ teaspoon olive oil
dash sea salt
dash ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon za’atar spice mix
1 teaspoon liquid aminos
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Warm Vegetable Relish
½ cup diced carrots
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
½ cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Lemon Tahini Sauce
¼ cup tahini paste (mixture of paste and liquid)
1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove
pinch of sea salt
pinch of ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower in an oven-proof pan, sitting upright.
- Place the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl, whisk well, and pour over the cauliflower.
- Pour the water and broth into the bottom of the pan. Cover the cauliflower tightly with aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Add all of the chickpea ingredients to an oven-proof pan. Stir to mix well. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Pour the chickpeas into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Add all of the relish ingredients to a pan. Place over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Stir to mix well. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Break the fresh parsley leaves in to add them to the pan and stir. Pour the relish into a serving bowl and set aside.
- For lemon tahini sauce, add all ingredients to a food processor and blend well. Pour sauce into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pan and place it whole on a serving dish. Garnish with parsley and scallions. Serve immediately with the lemon tahini sauce, warm vegetable relish and roasted chickpeas.
You can also watch her prepare this recipe on YouTube.