Cook Like A. Champion with host Chef Ace Champion | New Episode Every Monday
In this week's episode of "Cook Like A. Champion," Chef Ace shows viewers who to make delicious mushrooms stuffed with pâté and a cream cheese mixture and topped with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Perfect as an afternoon snack or soon to be your favorite event appetizer.
For more information about Chef Ace, visit http://chefchampion.com.
PEPPERCORN CREAM PATE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
1 serving cooking spray
12 whole fresh mushrooms
1 ounce pâté
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped for garnish
Italian bread crumbs or panko
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break stems from mushrooms so that just the cap is left. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Inside each mushroom, add one piece of pâté.
- In a bowl, mix garlic and cream cheese. Use a small spoon to fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount the cream cheese mixture. Arrange stuffed mushrooms onto the baking sheet.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Hold a mushroom over the bowl and with your hand, cover with crumbs and place back on the baking sheet. Repeat until all are covered.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on each along with basil to garnish.
- Bake in the oven until piping hot and liquid starts to form under the caps, about 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
You can also substitute the pâté for Italian sausage or just have the cream cheese mixture.