Caribbean cuisine is known to be full of flavor often infusing traditional spices from other cultures including African, Indian, Chinese, and Creole. So it's likely that any Caribbean getaway will include a cultural foodie experience with each destination offering its own unique food culture. With Caribbean Airlines, they've embedded this foodie experience into their in-flight meal service to serve up a mouthwatering Taste of the Caribbean on all of its flights headed to its 18 destinations.
From seafood creole and saltfish buljhol to dumplings, rice and peas, fried aloo, and jerk chicken, the menu lineup for Caribbean Airlines uniquely celebrates each culture through food. It's not typically expected to get a foodie experience on short-haul flights especially at a time when airlines are cutting back on in-flight service. However, it's all part of the experience with Caribbean Airlines. On every flight regardless of length, the airline treats passengers to a culinary experience 30,000 feet in the air to showcase traditional cuisine from each of its Caribbean destinations. From the traditional Indian flavors of Trinidad and Tobago to Jamaica's hot and spicy dishes, Caribbean Airlines offers travelers a hint of what to expect from their Caribbean getaway.
From Caribbean Airlines' sample menu below, notice the traditional cuisine that celebrates the food culture and flavor of each destination:
- Trinidad – Seafood Creole (salmon & shrimp) with Creole sauce, turmeric rice, and baby carrots OR vegetable biryani, ratatouille, dhal, green pea masala, and paratha
- Kingston – Guinness beef stew with creamed sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables, and broccoli florets OR coconut bake & buljhol as a hot snack
- Grenada – Caribbean-style lamb stew with red beans and rice cooked with coconut milk and grilled squash and zucchini on the side
- Toronto – Curry goat with basmati rice, lentil dhal, and paneer with green peas
- Guyana – Seafood snack option consisting of crab cakes with spicy tomato sauce and cornbread stuffing
- Antigua & Barbuda – Teriyaki chicken, egg fried rice, and stir-fried vegetables OR ratatouille eggplant with rice & peas and pumpkin ragout