Servings: 12 Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
VIDEO: Watch how to make this recipe.
6 jumbo eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet and hot mustard
2 tablespoons sweet relish
1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s More Spice Creole Seasoning
3 strips bacon, cooked and sliced
- Add eggs to a medium pot and completely cover with water. Turn heat to high. After water begins to boil, cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Drain and rinse eggs with cold water. Peel eggs and slice half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl and arrange egg whites on a plate.
- Mash warm yolks with a whisk and stir in mayonnaise, mustard, relish and Tony Chachere’s More Spice Creole Seasoning. Add ingredients a little at a time, using more or less mayonnaise, depending on the desired creaminess of the mixture. Whisk mixture until completely smooth.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture using a teaspoon. Sprinkle a dash of Tony Chachere’s More Spice Creole Seasoning to garnish the top of each egg.
- Cut each slice of bacon into four equal pieces. Top eggs with bacon right before serving to maintain crispiness.
- Serve right away or store eggs in refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap up to 3 days (keep bacon separate when storing).
TIPS & NOTES
- For a better presentation, make a disposable piping bag. Place yolk mixture in a resealable sandwich bag. Twist the top of the bag to force the mixture to the bottom corner. Using scissors, cut a 1/2 inch off the tip. Gently squeeze the mixture into each of the egg whites.
- Jumbo eggs are recommended, but if using smaller eggs, slightly reduce the amounts of the ingredients.
This recipe was sponsored by Tony Chachere's. For products and recipe ideas, visit www.tonychachere.com.
This recipe was created by Chef Nikki Shaw.
MORE RECIPES FROM CHEF NIKKI SHAW
Cajun Crab Cake Sliders
Dirty Birdy Creole Casserole
Pan-Fried Fish Fingers and Tangy Tartar Sauce
Creole Salmon & Pineapple Skewers